India’s Rohit Sharma has become the highest run scorer in the Twenty20 International history while playing against New Zealand in Auckland. Sharma overtook New Zealand’s Martin Guptill, who has scored 2,272 runs in 74 innings in T20I.
The 31-year-old also became first India and the third overall player to smash 100 sixes in T20 cricket. Windies’ Chris Gayle and New Zealand Guptill have slammed 103 sixes each. So far, Rohit has slammed 347 sixes in international cricket. Rohit made his T20 debut against England in 2007 and has played 92 matches, averaging 33.15.
- Rohit Gurunath Sharma (born 30 April 1987) is an Indian international cricketer who is the vice-captain of the India national team in limited-overs formats. He is regarded as one of the best limited overs cricketers in the world.
- On 13 November 2014, Rohit Sharma scored 264 against Sri Lanka at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, which is the highest individual score in ODIs and second in overall limited 50 over match.
- He is also the fastest batsman to score 100(35 balls) in T-20 against Sri Lanka.
- He is the only player in the world to score three double hundreds in ODIs.
- In 2016, Rohit Sharma signed as the “Brand Ambassador” for the world-famous watch brand Hublot becoming second renowned cricketer after former Australian captain Michael Clarke to be associated with the brand.