GK Team of Jagran Josh is providing you a set of 15 MCQs of Indian Economy on the topic “Operations of Commercial Banks”. These questions are made after a deep analysis of this particular topic so that you can have thorough knowledge of all the probable questions from this topic.
1. What is the most widely used tool of monetary policy?
(A) Issuing of notes
(B) Open market operations
(C) Discount rate
(D) None of these
2. What is the mean of Repo Rate?
(A) When a bank is in need of cash it can it can discount bills of exchange and avail loan facilities from Reserve Bank of India.
(B) When a bank has excess cash, they buy securities from RBI against cash on the condition that they resell the securities to RBI on a pre fixed day and price
(C) It is rate at which RBI allows temporary loan facilities to commercial banks against government securities on the condition that the bank will repurchase the securities within a short period.
(D) It is a rate which is offered by banks to their most valued customers or prime customers.
3. When RBI does some open market operation transactions, it wishes to regulate which of the following?
(B) Supply of money in the economy
(C) Borrowing power of the commercial banks
(D) A & B
4. When the cash reserve ratio (CRR) is increased by the RBI, it will:
(A) Increase the supply of money in the economy
(B) Decrease the supply of money in the economy
(C) No impact on the supply of money in the economy
(D) Initially increase the supply but later on decrease automatically.
5. Banking sector comes under which of the following sectors?
(A) Manufacturing sector
(B) Industrial sector
(C) Service sector
(D) None of these
GK Quiz on International Institutions
6. Open Market Operations means:
(A) Sale of agricultural products in the government regulated Mandis.
(B) Sale and purchase of bonds and securities to the commercial banks by the RBI.
(C) Sale and purchase of bonds and securities by the RBI to the government.
(D) Sale and purchase of bonds and securities by the commercial banks to the customers.
7. Which of the following is the recently opened bank in India?
8. BASEL NORMS are related to the:
(A) Insurance sector
(B) Tele communication
(C) Real estate
(D) Banking sector
9. Which of the following is not the monetary tool?
(C) Deficit financing
(D) Open market operations
10. How much interest is paid by the RBI on the money deposited under the CRR measure?
(A) Equal to the rate of CRR
(B) More than the CRR
(C) Less than the CRR
(D) No interest is paid by the RBI
GK Quiz on Debt on Indian Economy
11. Who is responsible for the supply of coins in the India?
(A) Reserve bank Of India
(B) Ministry of finance
(C) Ministry of commerce and industry
(D) Banker’s association of India
12. RBI increases the rate of interest in the situation of:
(A) Higher inflation
(B) Lower inflation
(C) In the pressure of commercial banks
(D) None of these
13. Who has the maximum intake in the total capital of NABARD?
(A) Government of India
(B) Combine intake of commercial banks
(D) Bankers association of India
14. Which of the following is not the function of RBI?
(A) Custodian of foreign currency
(B) Printing of currency
(C) Controller of credit
(D) Issuance of coins
15. BASEL III Norms become effective from:
(A) January 2014
(B) April 2012
(C) January 2013
(D) July 2010
500+ GK Questions & Answers on Indian Economy
indian economy general knowledge
indian economy general knowledge pdf
indian economy general knowledge questions with answers
indian economy general knowledge with answers
general knowledge quiz
mcqs on Indian economy
mcqs with answers on Operations of Commercial Banks
gk quiz on a particular topic of Operations of Commercial Banks