DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 12, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (February 12, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness , Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Harsimrat Kaur inaugurates Cremica Food Park, the 1st Mega Food Park of Himachal Pradesh :
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Cremica Mega Food Park Pvt Ltd in Village Singhain ,Una District of Himachal Pradesh. This is the first Mega Food Park operationalized in the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries implemented Mega Food Park Scheme in the country, to give a major boost to the food processing sector by adding value and reducing food wastage .
STATIC: Himachal Pradesh
Chief minister- Jai Ram Thakur
Governor-Acharya Dev Vrat
Meghalaya govt to rename Dikkibandi stadium after P A Sangma :
- The government of Meghalaya has decided to rename the Dikkibandi stadium after P A Sangma.
- The decision was made by the state cabinet as per the recommendations made by state naming authority tasked with the job to name roads, and institutions after personalities.
- Along with the Dikkibandi stadium, a junction leading to AMPT road in Tura have been renamed after P A Sangma.
Surging Silk, Mega Event Held in New Delhi :
- Surging Silk, Mega Event by Ministry of Textiles and Central Silk Board was held in New Delhi.The event was organized with a motive to highlight the growth of silk industry in India.
- In this event, Buniyaad Tasar Silk Reeling Machines to women reelers from tribal areas, to eradicate the age old practice of thigh reeling by end of March 2020.A mobile application e-cocoon was launched during this event to check the quality of silkworm seeds.
PM Modi launches dedicated 24×7 satellite channel ‘DD Arunprabha’ for Arunachal Pradesh :
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a dedicated 24×7 Satellite channel, ‘DD Arunprabha’ for Arunachal Pradesh during his visit to Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and Tripura.DD Arunprabha is the 24th satellite channel operated by Doordarshan.
- DD Arunprabha is the Doordarshan’s second channel for the northeastern region; DD Northeast was the first one. The channel will familiarise people across India with the beauty and the culture of the State.
- On the same occasion, PM Modi also laid the foundation stone of Film and Television Institute (FTI), to be developed in Jote, Arunachal Pradesh.
3-day Krishi Kumbh begins in Motihari, Bihar :
- Governor of Bihar Lalji Tandon and Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh jointly inaugurated the three -day Krishi Kumbh in Motihari.The government is creating strong infrastructure from “Beej to Bazar” for enhancing the income of farmers.
- The objective of Krishi Kumbh is to promote modern techniques and diversification in agriculture that could help in doubling farmers income.
PM inaugurates and lays foundation stone for various development projects in Leh :
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid foundation stone for various development projects, worth nearly 12,000 crore rupees, at Leh.
- The Prime Minister is on a day-long visit to Jammu and Kashmir. He laid foundation stone for a 480 crore rupee Terminal Building at Leh Airport. Mr Modi inaugurated the 9-megawatt Dah hydroelectric project.
- The Prime Minister also dedicated to the nation the 220 KiloVolt Srinagar- Alusteng -Drass – Kargil Leh transmission system.Mr Modi also launched the University of Ladakh, the first-ever in the state’s region. He also visited Jammu and Srinagar.
India and Norway launch initiative to combat Marine Pollution :
- The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change signed a letter of Intent establishing the India-Norway Marine Pollution Initiative together with the Norwegian ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- The Indian and Norwegian governments agreed to work more closely on oceans by signing a MoU and establishing the India-Norway Ocean Dialogue during the Norwegian Prime Minister’s visit to India.The India-Norway Marine Pollution Initiative will combat marine pollution, which is one of the fastest growing environmental concerns.
Currency: Norwegian krone.
Nepal hosted Second Joint Secretary Level Meeting to assess India-Nepal Trade Treaty:
- The two day 2nd Joint Secretary Level meeting to assess the India-Nepal Trade Treaty was organized in Pokhara, Nepal to deliberate upon various bilateral issues and non-tariff barriers in bilateral trade.
- India deputation was led by Bhupindra Singh Bhalla (Joint Secretary of South Asia), Department of Commerce whereas Nepal Deputation was led by Ravi Shankar Sainju (Joint Secretary of Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies).
STATIC : Nepal
Currency- Nepalese Rupee
Prime Minister- Khadga Prasad Oli
World Government Summit is being held in Dubai, UAE :
- The seventh annual World Government Summit is being held in Dubai, UAE. The World Government Summit is a forum dedicated to shaping the future of governments.
- The Summit is being attended by 4,000 decision-makers from 140 countries including heads of state, ministers and business leaders. The World Government Summit is a global platform dedicated to shaping the future of governments worldwide.
- It provides a unique platform to showcase and exchange best practices and smart solutions to the challenges that nations face.
BANKING & ECONOMY
RBI MSME package to help recast 1 lakh crore loan for 700k accounts :
- RBI restructuring package for small businesses will help recast Rs 1 lakh crore of loans to 7 lakh MSME account holders. This scheme must be implemented by every bank before March 2020.
- This scheme announced by RBI is a one-time scheme wherein a loan tenor and interest rate can be revised without classifying the asset as an NPA.The facility is available for standard advances of up to Rs 25 crore .
AWARDS & HONOURS
Deepa Mehta To Be Feted With Lifetime Achievement Award :
- Acclaimed Indo-Canadian filmmaker Deepa Mehta will be given the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television.
- The Canadian Screen Awards are awards given annually by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television recognising excellence in Canadian film, English-language television, and digital media productions.
John Morris Ajax Fire Engine bags “Statesman Challenger” trophy :
- The world’s one and only fire engine with original Shrewsbury and Challiner solid tyres preserved at National Rail Museum (New Delhi) won the “Statesman Challenger” trophy in the statesman 53rd edition Vintage car rally.
Egypt’s el-Sisi elected new chairman of African Union :
- Abdel Fattah El Sisi, the President of Egypt, was elected as the African Union’s new chairman at a summit in Ethiopia.
- Mr. El Sisi would succeed Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame as the Union’s chairman, who served for a period of 1 year.
STATIC : Ethiopia
Capital : Addis Ababa
Currency : Birr
Prime Minister : Abiy Ahmed
Ruchira Kamboj appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Royal Kingdom of Bhutan :
- Ms. Ruchira Kamboj (IFS: 1987), presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of South Africa has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Royal Kingdom of Bhutan.She is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
Shane Warne named Rajasthan Royals brand ambassador :
- Australia spin legend Shane Warne was entitled as the brand ambassador of Rajasthan Royals in the upcoming Indian Premier League.
- Shane Warne was the captain Rajasthan Royals for four seasons until 2011 and after that he retired from all form of cricket.
Brit Jamie Chadwick Becomes The First Female Driver To Win MRF Challenge Title :
- Jamie Chadwick from Bath, England made history by becoming the first female driver to win the MRF challenge title after scoring a triple win in the final round in Chennai.
- He won 3 out of the 5 races to close an 18-point margin in Max Defourny of Germany
- He won 6 out of 15 races in the series which had stated in November and included events in Dubai and Bahrain.
Senior National Badminton Championships Begins in Guwahati :
- The 83rd edition of the Senior National Badminton Championship has begun in Guwahati.Defending champion Saina Nehwal and last edition’s runner-up PV Sindhu will be the biggest attractions in Women’s Singles.
- This is the first time the Nationals is returning to the North-East since Guwahati last hosted it in 2010.
World day of the Sick : 11th February
- World Day of the Sick being observed on February 11, an observation started by Pope John Paul II as a way for believers to offer prayers for those suffering from illnesses. The day coincides with the commemoration of Our Lady of Lourdes.
11 February : International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science is being celebrated on 11th February to recognize the critical role women and girls play in science and technology.
- 2019 Theme: “Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth”.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 9,10 & 11, 2019
Food Corporation of India (FCI) Recruitment 2019 – Syllabus – 4103 Posts
NIACL AO Mains Exam 2018 – 2019 : Admit Card Released
IBPS SO 2018 Mains Exam : Results Released
Punjab National Bank – Technical Officer Recruitment 2019 – 325 Vacancies
Karnataka Bank PO Officer Scale I – 2018 Result Released
UNION BANK OF INDIA ARMED GUARD Post Recruitment 2019 : 100 Vacancies
The post DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 12, 2019 appeared first on .