DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 10 & 11, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (February 10 & 11,2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness , Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Hirkani Maharashtrachi scheme was launched in Maharashtra :
- Union Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu launched the Hirkani Maharashtrachi scheme to provide a platform for women’s Self Help Groups (SHGs) and the District Business Plan Competition to boost entrepreneurship in Maharashtra.
- Under the Hirkani Maharashtrachi scheme, women’s SHGs will pitch their business plan at the taluka level.
- Ten groups will be selected from each taluka and Rs.50,000 will be given to each SHG to implement their idea. Five SHGs at the district level will be selected and Rs.2 lakh will be given to each SHG to take their ideas forward.
Labour Minister Inaugurates ILO Centenary Celebrations in India:
- The International Labour Organization (ILO) centenary celebrations have been inaugurated by the Union Minister of Labour and Employment, Santosh Kumar Gangwar at V.V. Giri National Labour Institute in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Shri Gangwar addressed the representatives of Trade Unions, Employer organizations and Workers at the beginning of the celebrations of ILO.
Centre allocates Rs 59 cr for Asiatic Lion conservation in Gujarat :
- In a bid to protect and conserve lions, identified as one of the endangered species by the government, the Ministry of Environment launched a three-year Asiatic Lion Conservation Project in collaboration with the state of Gujarat, which is the last habitat of the big cat.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) allocated Rs 59 crores, which will focus on better management of the lion habitat, disease control and veterinary care for them.
Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
Governor: Om Prakash Kohli
Ladakh declared Jammu & Kashmir’s third administrative division :
- The Jammu & Kashmir Government declared Ladakh as the third administrative division of the state.The division will comprise Leh and Kargil districts, with Leh as the division’s headquarters
- An order issued by Governor Satya Pal Malik‘s administration said, “The Government has approved the creation of a separated administrative/revenue division of Ladakh”.
STATIC : Jammu & Kashmir
Capital – Srinagar
Governor – Satya Pal Malik
ICAI signs MoU with Invest India to promote Foreign Investment :
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Invest India coinciding with Platinum Jubilee Annual Function of ICAI at New Delhi under the aegis of the Committee for Export of CA Services & WTO of ICAI.
- The MoU was signed by CA. Naveen N. D. Gupta, President, ICAI and Mr. Deepak Bagla, Managing Director and CEO of Invest India.
- The objective of the MoU is to collaborate and promote foreign investment in India and Indian investments outside India. The MoU also intends to provide necessary guidance and advice to the potential inbound and outbound investors and to promote and facilitate India as an investment friendly destination.
Great Indian Bustard Announced As The New Mascot For COP-13 :
- The Union Government has announced the Great Indian Bustard (GIB) as the mascot for the 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the UN Convention on the conservation of migratory species (CMS) to be held in Gujarat next year.
- The logo, mascot and the website for the 13th Conference of Parties (COP) was launched by the Union Minister for Environment, Forests and Climate Change Harsh Vardhan. The mascot for the event, Great Indian Bustard has been fondly named as ‘Gibi’.
INS Trikand participates in exercise ‘Cutclass Express 2019’ :
- INS Trikand, the frontline warship of the Indian Navy, participated in a multi-national training exercise ‘CUTCLASS EXPRESS 2019’ .
- The aim of the exercise was to improve law enforcement capacity, promote regional security and progress inter-operability between the armed forces of the participating nations for the purpose of prohibiting illegal maritime activity in the Western Indian Ocean.
- The exercise was conducted in 2 phases; first called the Command Post Exercise (CPX) and the second phase called the Final Training Exercise (FTX).
Five – Day Multinational Maritime Exercise ‘Aman 19’ Commenced In Karachi :
- The five-day multinational maritime exercise ‘AMAN-19’, in which 46 nations are taking part, commenced near the coastal city of Karachi with the slogan “Together for Peace”.
- Commander Pakistan Fleet Vice Admiral Amjad Khan Niazi was the chief guest of the opening ceremony.Maritime security is pivotal for national security and protection of maritime routes is also necessary for the economy.
- Principal aim to conduct this exercise is to facilitate a forum of understanding of each other’s maritime concepts and operation cultures and to produce ways and means to confront common threat at sea.
President– Arif Alvi.
PM: Imran Khan.
Second ASEAN-India Youth Summit Held in Guwahati :
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the 2nd ASEAN-Inda Youth Summit in Guwahati underlined the need for ‘mutual cooperation among the ASEAN countries for strengthening the multilateral relations of the region.
- Over 100 youth delegates from Vietnam, Laos, Brunei, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar and Indonesia took part in the summit tag-lined Connectivity: Pathway to Shared Prosperity, organised by India Foundation and the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
Himalayan cloud observatory system in Uttarakhand’s Tehri to forecast cloud bursting :
- At SRT Campus in Uttarakhand’s Tehri, a cloud observatory system has been set up that could soon forecast news about cloud bursting which in turn would help in minimising damage.
- This is the second observatory in the country to monitor cloud activities by the Indian Science and Technology Department and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur that can function in high-altitudes.
Abu Dhabi includes Hindi as third official court language :
- Abu Dhabi has included Hindi as the third official language used in its courts, alongside Arabic and English, as part of a move designed to improve access to justice.
- This is aimed at helping Hindi speakers to learn about litigation procedures, their rights and duties without a language barrier.
Sanjay Kumar Verma accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Marshall Islands :
- Shri Sanjay Kumar Verma , presently Ambassador of India to Japan, has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Marshall Islands, with residence in Tokyo.
Prime Minister :Shinzo Abe
Capital : Tokyo
Currency : Japanese Yen
Mukesh Ambani tops Hurun India Philanthropy list 2018 :
- Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani and also richest person in Asia, topped the Hurun India Philanthropy list with donation amount of 437 crores.
- Mukesh Ambani is followed by the chairman of the Piramal Group, Ajay Piramal who donated 200 crores.
BANKING & ECONOMY
SBI slapped with Rs one crore fine by RBI for violating norms :
- The Reserve Bank of India has slapped Rs 1 crore penalty on the country’s largest lender- State Bank of India for violating norms.
- In exercise of powers conferred under Section 47 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 has levied a penalty of Rupees one crore on the bank for not monitoring the end use of funds in respect of one of its borrowers.
RBI raises collateral-free farm loan limit to Rs 1.6 lakh :
- The Reserve Bank of India raised the limit of collateral-free agricultural loans to Rs. 1.6 lakh from the current Rs. 1 lakh with a view to help small and marginal farmers.The Current limit was fixed in the year 2010.
- The central bank also decided to set up an internal working group (IWG) to review agricultural credit and arrive at a workable policy solution.The Union Budget had also announced measures to boost the farming sector in addition to annual payment of Rs. 6,000 to small and marginal farmers.
Governor: Shaktikanta Das (25th).
Facebook acquires GrokStyle virtual search start-up to boost AI capabilities :
- In an attempt to enable users shop better using Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities, Facebook has acquired US-based virtual search start-up, GrokStyle, at an undisclosed amount.
- The basic idea is to allow users to match a piece of furniture or a light fixture in an image to visually find similar ones in stock at stores.
RBI doubles ‘bulk deposit’ criterion for banks to single deposit of Rs 2 crore :
- The Reserve Bank of India decided to raise the criteria for ‘bulk deposits’ for banks to Rs 2 crore from the current Rs 1 crore, to provide more operational freedom to lenders to raise funds.
- According to current RBI rules banks have the option of not permitting premature withdrawals of ‘large rupee term deposits’ of INR 1 crore and above.
- Reserve Bank of India also proposed that banks would maintain their bulk deposit interest rate cards in the core banking system for supervisory review.This proposal was mooted by the National Federation of Urban Cooperative Banks and Credit Societies Ltd. (NAFCUB).
AWARDS & HONOURS
YES BANK Bags Prestigious Aegis Graham Bell Award 2018 :
- Aegis Graham Bell Award 2018 announced YES BANK as winner in “Innovation in Data Science” category for their industry-first project “Yes EEE (Engage Enrich Excel)”.
- 9th edition of Aegis Graham Bell Award 2018 hosted by Government of Goa at Entertainment Society of Goa, Panaji.
- AGBA has been promoting innovations and entrepreneurship in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) domain.This is awarded in vision to foster and stimulate innovators, for India to become a nucleus of innovations.
Justice Ranjan Gogoi launched the book “Law, Justice and Judicial Power : Justice P N Bhagwati’s Approach” :
- The book “Law, Justice and Judicial Power – Justice P N Bhagwati’s Approach” written by Mool Chand Sharma was launched by the Chief Justice of India, Shri Justice Ranjan Gogoi. The first copy of the book was received by the President Ram Nath Kovind.
- The book is a collection of 24 essays celebrating Justice P N Bhagwati’s judicial work and landmark judgments as well as his work towards introducing public interest litigation in India.
World Pulses Day : 10th February 2019
- The first-ever World Pulses Day is being celebrated on 10th February 2019 , a United Nations global event to celebrate pulses worldwide and continue the important gains made with the 2016 International Year of Pulses.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 8, 2019
NIACL AO Mains Exam 2018 – 2019 : Admit Card Released
IBPS SO 2018 Mains Exam : Results Released
Punjab National Bank – Technical Officer Recruitment 2019 – 325 Vacancies
Karnataka Bank PO Officer Scale I – 2018 Result Released
UNION BANK OF INDIA ARMED GUARD Post Recruitment 2019 : 100 Vacancies
NIACL AO 2018-19 Prelims Exam 2nd Slot Review, Analysis and Questions asked in exams
The post DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 10 & 11, 2019 appeared first on .